Tuesday, July 6, 2010

t-shirt

in the collar of my shirts
we exist
in the day to day exchange
between
clothes and sunshine
i can feel you everywhere
inside of me
around my neck
it is impossible not to
together we live
in the cotton castles
threaded through my skin
over my shoulders
and up the walls
every color
strikes a different chord
there are canvases in
each sleeve
the love we share
illustrates poetry
with purity
we are poised
and passionate
never one to let
desire pass us by
i throw my shirt
over my back
only to feel you
wrapped around me
warm in this winter season
i found my favorite shirt
the one with a dirt stain
and faded blue shade of sky
but it reminds me of your eyes
at its side i can feel your arms
arched upwards
two empty arcs
i fill back up with
fiber promises
stitched at my belly
against the fabric
i can smell your fingers
lingering like lint
and into the drier we go
renewed once more

No comments:

Post a Comment