Wednesday, July 7, 2010

battles

if my words were water
you would rather pass the cup
than give in to your thirst
get the liquid from elsewhere
you are not hearing what I have to say
see through promises
you say
no back bone
to call my own
it is in your hands
close to being forgotten
my breath is a rotten breeze
you dodge it blowing you back into my arms
stepping away
with certainty that doesnt not leave you
you left me
empty handed
branded with bruises
i have no one to blame but myself
i could polish it all
in a gold finish
but you would see through the tint
and throw it in the dirt
its worth is not worthy of your lips
i just want my kiss to mean something
but every word i utter
sputters out
feet first
running towards you
for you
but they fall
right in front of you
have you forgotten
that these words come
from the same lips you once kissed?

No comments:

Post a Comment