Tuesday, July 6, 2010

hurry up already

these days are metal
heavy iron
melting all at once
its impossible to walk
time watches on a bench
it sits
eating its apple
peeling back the skin
the way seconds do
looking for you at the end of the hour
i will scour seas for your smile
but it is clocks away
i can hardly stop myself
from diving headfirst into the notes
you wrote me
the poetry i showed you
everything sticks
in the cage of my ribs
i place my wishes
sometimes hidden
sometimes sticking straight out
but when opened
they all look like you
perhaps not in shape
and not even in size
but the coral reef glow of your eyes
rises as i do
when i breathe you into me
the sun is stretched
across its shoulders
every shadow merges together
the blackness swallows any hope
of time coming by
i lost count
actually i stopped
because i kept watching the clock
kick each second
and tug every hour
but it all was a sour sight
and the days were unbeatable
you are unreachable
in a land where my wishes get lost
in the palms of your hands

i am catching ghosts of
your eyelashes
they flutter with passion
they were the last to see you
i saw you in the back of my mind
with a cherry smile
aimed right at my heart
you shot dead on
and now i keep looking at the sky
trying to stare a cloud down
into my fingers
fling it across the sea
and into your pocket
so you can feel my touch
in whatever sky you walk under
and that the thunder is merely
a cry of desire
and the lightning soon after
is the laughter of your belly
running faster than my fears can
possibly imagine
it catches me in the middle of the road
and takes me back home
with you there to hold
me
holding you back
why won't the ground listen
to the words i give it
the gardens are falling apart
without your light to
give them life
the stem in my throat
doesn't know what its like
there are petals with your name
in its veins
but i can barely speak
when you are weeks away
so i keep my lips to myself
and water my mouth
with the sound of your voice

No comments:

Post a Comment