Tuesday, July 6, 2010

prom night

the night was good as gold
you could have
made bricks fall apart
and follow you down the boulevard
with the smile you smoked with
the pieces fell together
in place
fitting with one another
the sun could not smile without spitting fire
you did that
the world stopped caring
the air became still
until you inhaled its purity
we held hands
without knowing
time was much slower
behind the glow in your eyes
every giggle
spilled onto my shirt
but i did not mind the mess
the end of your dress
nearly cut me in two
legs shouldn't be so heavenly

the night could not end
for we would not let it
it led us into each other
kiss after kiss
lips landed right in the middle of my existence
the sun watched from afar
behind the moon it sat
similar to the stars
we followed its shine
until morning came
we would never be the same
i could not pinpot your purity
it was everywhere around me
surrounding my heaves
each breath was less than the one before
my lungs were doors
broken latches lacked the capacity
to hold you off
in you came
washed over the veins
i found you in
looking back
that night was as good as gold

No comments:

Post a Comment