Monday, July 5, 2010

lips

your lips are out of sight
but still in my mind
i try to find them in my sleep
but they are miles from me
so I now i am sleep walking
towards the sea that separates both you and me
waves won't wash what I want
currents will carry me
oceans will bury me in their salt
but I will fall into their arms
until I am where you are
I just want your touch
to tell me things i have long forgotten
rotten wood could not decay
the love that lays in between my eyes
your lips are like gardens
parted at the stem
but I am growing with them
the sun is creating a new skin
i am trapped inside of it
reminded that this body is only whole
when your lips are folded
and aligned with mine

here,
I sit
softly kissing the pictures
you are still smiling in
trying to swallow the shadows
that are no longer here
I would crumble mountains
into stepping stones
and sew the cracks between our worlds
so that both me and you
would no longer be two,
but one

No comments:

Post a Comment