Wednesday, July 28, 2010

sleep easy

when your shoulders said goodbye
the ground,
turned itself inside out
so the dirt could
look in you the eye
I stood
not sure if the pain
was pure or passive
you passed me by
like communion's cup,
the wine didn't touch my lips
I wasn't worthy anymore
in my bones,
there are just broken promises
so fighting
is like dying,
but I dug my own grave
and the sky?
all it ever does is weep
as if the stars were on its knees
see, they too were wrong
their patterns were too tricky to master
I couldn't follow their orbit
I am lost,
more now than ever, I am sure of it
you didn't care for my apology
it cracked,
like a painting no one ever looked at anymore
love doesn't fit like jeans,
the seams don't get worn out
but my pockets
were not deep enough
to blind
those demons whose search for blood
led them straight to my door
the evidence,
creaks under the floor board
can you hear me?
I am asking for your hand
in the form of a candle
but the wind behind your back
blew the blue flame black
the silence
stood like a tombstone,
with no flowers to hug
what was already gone
you,
said goodbye in the middle of the night
I must have been dreaming or dying
I can't tell the difference anymore

No comments:

Post a Comment