Monday, August 9, 2010

tjb

come on say something
anything
will stop these thoughts
from running back and forth
in a game of tag
where your name touches my mind
and then it shoots across my spine
and back into my eyes
I just need some words
something worth your time
I know its easier
to turn shoulders and chances away
but the science behind our love
does not exist yet
it can't
it is anything but simple
So please would you grip
my tumbling mind
with the hand that used to sleep with mine
You'd rather increase the gap
so the distance cannot be bridged between
our I miss you's but I wish you
would look into my eyes
and see that the boy behind them is no longer there
his mistakes are in the sour air
that sits somewher else
help me
melt into the man I need to be
by needing me back
please,
bring your voice back into my room
so I can water my soul
with your tongue and my walls
can stop waiting for somebody to call them worthy
I am worried
that the absence of my touch
will construct this belief
that we would be better off
without each other
but I would rather
smother my face with demons
than to believe there is any good in you leaving
darling
they say
when the dark is there
why not spark a flare
to stare the shadows down
I sound so pathetic in my plea
but I have said this before
so just let me say it again
my skin is merely pinned to my bones
when you are not here
to hold it up
so sturdy and strong
I was wrong
for tucking the past into an unprotected pocket
but I won't pretend
that the end of this all is good for us both
I won't
I can't
I will stand in the middle of the ocean
half-way between coast guards and swimming sharks
and proclaim my pursuit
in removing your doubt and fear
I feel,
it's the only thing I can do

No comments:

Post a Comment