Wednesday, August 11, 2010

day 5

either your mouth is sleeping
or you don't care enough
to leave any words
perhaps
none of this is worth it
but I am learning
that when hope
is on the other side of the world
it's going to take
more than a sturdy fist
to get the girl
I got it
it's locked in
but my thoughts
won't box themselves up
so they go everywhere
just trying to find where you are
but its hard
when you are so sure there
is nothing I can do to prove
that love is enough
but it is
if you just listen
to your heart beat's rhythm
then maybe it can get the message across

nothing seems to work
not my words
they lost their worth long ago
if my arms show anything
its that they are slipping out their sockets
and it's possible
that they could
burst into a summer evening
to even the odds of you leaving
with the sun
some say
we have stayed long enough
and maybe they're right
or maybe,
our hearts have tried leaving
but with more magic than reason
they came back
precise as fact
I want this to last
past what we thought possible

No comments:

Post a Comment