Tuesday, August 10, 2010

day 4

i think i'm hearing things
a cold whisper
perhaps i imagine your lips are in the air
there to speak to me
but on the other side of this town
not a sound is being made
between you
and between me
I am beating my chest with fists
and heavy wrists
they won't let you go
I don't want them to
but the silence reminds me
of previous days where darkness
carried into my dreams
and anything was impossible to be seen
so I folded my beliefs into my sheets
and stopped sleeping altogether
I don't know what I'm going to do
I carry you
to all the places I pass through
its dangerous
hanging onto you the way I do
but I have to
so say anything
but goodbye
that word melts my sky and
turns the ground into graveyards
I can't go into this soil
when my heart is still beating
blood still boiling
for you
all this time
i'm not fine i say
but the words pass you by
only to reach the silence
on the other side

No comments:

Post a Comment