Tuesday, August 3, 2010

im sorry

okay
so no words can make
the night safe
not anymore
there is a sore
where my heart
and you used to be
both are empty
endlessly looking for
a stair case
to place its hopes on
so they may go up
and over the shoulders
that won't ever come back
yours
are just like they were in my dreams
and all the days before
I have been meaning
to tear down the city
because the streets won't lead me to you
and since the sidewalks
don't talk or sound like you
there is nothing more for me to do
than sit
in silence
in solitude
with full proof plan to lose myself
in the carpet
that can barely fit my regret
and I get
that my name left your lips
the same time this bomb hit
but I can't just give it all back
it isn't that simple
the moon must have made me a mad man
because I can't stand these stars
looking back at me
with their backwards belief that
less is more
so they go as far as they can
leaving what light they have
just beyond our hands
just like you
i cannot touch or feel
or reach you anymore
i am mostly broken
with a spare spot still hoping
for a miracle to hold it
the way we used to hold each other
so this cycle will perpetuate itself
and my cells would stick to yours
just how they used to
I am losing you
along with my air
and my hair that isn't thick enough
to block my thoughts
its just not that easy
leaving
when believing is the only thing
keeping
me
whole

No comments:

Post a Comment